OTL301- Post 3

Hi Everyone,

Here is table I am using to develop one of my fall course’s it has modified LOs and they demonstrate principle 1 (creating safe environment) and principle 2 (critical reflection). Any feedback would be great!

Concept/Topic Learning Outcome: What do you want students to be able to do with that content? Instructional Strategy or Learning Activity: What will you do to facilitate student achievement of that outcome? Assessment: How will you measure achievement of that outcome?

What is curriculum?

(Week 1 and 2)

Think critically about what is curriculum from a historical and current day perspective. Challenge them to think what should constitute curriculum. Forum discussion- based on readings; provide a few open ended discussion questions. Level of engagement in their responses to one another.

Curriculum of life

(Week 3 and 4)

Internally reflect on the 3 key components of your life that makes it uniquely yours. Individual presentation; provide 2-3 examples of such presentations. Detailed rubric.

Curriculum design

(Week 5 and 6)

Learn, identify and understand the 3 major forms of curriculum design. Reflective entries on which design resonates with them and why. Have them pose a discussion question. Using a rubric for the reflective entry, I would ensure they have met what I was looking for in this assignment.

Have a discussion forum with them asking a lingering question and responding to two other classmates.

Curriculum development

(Week 7 and 8)

Learn the process and application of curriculum development. Forum discussion- based on videos on how curriculum is developed with attention to who is involved, what is the sequence and how it happens. Provide a few open ended discussion questions. Level of engagement in their responses to one another.

Curriculum reform

(Week 9 and 10)

Think why about why and how curriculum reform comes to be. Examine personal educational journey and identify reforms they were a part of and those they wish to see today. Debates on controversial current day reforms or potential reforms. Have them pick a debate topic from a list of suggestions or come up with one on their own. Level of engagement in their responses to one another.

Hidden Curriculum

(Week 11 and 12)

Explore what constitutes the hidden curriculum and how it operates in a school environment on a micro and macro level. Understand the impact it has on students.

Reflective entries on how they may have been impacted by the hidden curriculum.

Using a rubric for the reflective entry, I would ensure they have met what I was looking for in this assignment.

Null Curriculum

(Week 13 and 14)

Explore what constitutes the null curriculum and how it operates in a school environment on a micro and macro level. Understand the impact it has on society. Partner based presentation Using a rubric for the presentation, I would ensure they have met what I was looking for in this assignment.

Final Assignment: A paper on a topic/concept they found interesting in this course! (Perhaps have scaffolded opportunities throughout the week to work on this final paper).

Return