OTL301-Post 5

Hi everyone,

I found this post a very confusing and complex one in terms of the instructions to build the menu and self-code.

Anyhow, here is my attempt at answering the questions:

I think I have attempted to engage with a triggering event, exploration, integration and resolution with different activities in my courses. With respect, to my one growth in teaching online and in f2f, I have definitely gone through the critical inquiry process. For example, if a few students had difficulty understanding an assignment they were asked to do or if there were a good number of students that did poorly on an assignment- this would be the triggering event, which would then make me explore the situation and see if I could integrate an opportunity to redo the assignment/redesign the assignment, which then would be integrated into the course and their grades. As a result, the resolution would be amicable for the students and hopefully for the future design of that assignment.

See above.

I would redesign that particular assignment in terms of wording and weight for the final grade.

I would scaffold steps in activities that lead up to an assignment. For example in my legal issues courses, for a group presentation the students self-select a case that is complex (triggering event), that they would explore in terms of perspectives from the crown, defence and jury; next they would integrate their analysis of the perspectives; and come to a resolution.

Yes.  The only concern I had was the technical issues of creating menus and e-portfolios were difficult to follow.

Best,

Manu

Return